The Advisor Service is a specialist flexible person centred service which aims to empower the person to achieve their own goals and outcomes. This role is primarily advocacy and support, advice, information and guidance is also available on all aspects relating to disability.
Support Services Available
The KASBAH Advisor and DIAL Team work closely, to support members throughout the County of Kent and Medway.
- One-to-one Support and Advice for members and carers on:
- Small Grants (equipment or skills that promote independence)
- Regular contact through home visits or by telephone
- Social Events and Activities
- Training – We promote understanding of conditions by offering training sessions to professionals and Carers
- Independent Living – KASBAH have a flexible range of supported housing provisions and outreach support in the community to meet the needs of the KASBAH members within Kent.
A brief history of KASBAH
KASBAH was founded by a group of parents of children with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus in 1966. The charity grew quickly as did the services that were on offer. KASBAH gained a reputation for taking the time to give a personal touch to all members by staying in regular contact, offering an individualised service, and the flexibility to fit into the needs of our members lives. Today we continue to grow and offer valuable services to any disabled person within the County of Kent.